Thursday, August 18, 2011

VINTAGE RECIPE THURSDAY


This is a recipe I got years ago from my Great Uncle Gail. He was an awesome cook! This one takes a little work and time, but well worth the effort.


Noodles

6 Egg Yolks
1/3 C. Milk
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 tablespoon Margarine
3 C. Flour

Mix all ingredients until a ball forms. Put a layer of flour down on the table before rolling. Roll out dough and let dry 4 hours. Cut into strips. Add to chicken stock. You can add some of the flour from the table to the pot for thickening.

4 comments:

  1. You are good, I can't believe you make your own noodles! I bet they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I've been looking for a good noodle recipe. I can't wait to try this one. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet homemade noodles are yummy. I've never tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade noodles! Yum. Thank you so much for sharing your great uncle's recipe, Sherrie. I'm so glad you linked it at Joy of Dessert, and thanks for the link back. Wishing you a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!