Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ONE A DAY PROJECT - TUESDAY'S TALLIES

Well, I've had a very productive week. I got 56 squares made and crocheted together for 7 rows. And guess what!! It's done, my Granny Square Blanket. Here it is on the couch. Doesn't it look pretty there? On to the Hexagon Blanket.
The picture isn't very good as it's a gloomy cloudy day. So everything looks like it's dark. Now bare with me. This is going to be kind of long. Remember I was going to start this afghan?
Well, I worked one up to see what it looked like. Either I'm reading the pattern wrong or something is wrong with the pattern. This is what I got.
As you can see this is NOT a Hexagon. It's round! I was so frustrated. I ripped it out and redone it 5 times and I kept coming up with round. So I went looking for another Hexagon pattern. I Googgled Hexagon Afghans and I found this awesome blog called Attic 24. Lucy is the blogger of Attic 24. Some of you may already know about Lucy's Attic 24, but this is a totally new blog for me. She has some awesome hooky stuff over there. If you haven't been there hop over and check it out. I've gotten off track as usual!
Lucy has a tutorial on her Hexagon's. So I got busy and worked one up. This is what I came up with.
As you can see this is a HEXAGON. This is going to be my next One A Day Project. I'm not sure how many I'll need. I'll be winging it and making Hexagons until I think it's the right size. I'm going to be using my odds and ends yarns but the last 2 rows will be a pretty lavender color yarn. It comes from JoAnn Fabrics and is Caron yarn. It's so soft when worked up. Now I need to get all the links into this post so you all can go and see all the pretties. I'll be busy making Hexagons for awhile. What are all of you working on?

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I remember the day I found Attic24, you will be hooked, it's definitely one of my favourites and I'm sure that is true for lots of people.
    Good luck with the hexagons, I hope you have more luck this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the best crochet blogs ever. Lucy explains things so well and I adore all her colourful creations. That is where I got my hexagon pattern from.
    Congratulations on finishing your granny, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy's blog is amazing when I was starting crochet her patterns were the only ones I could make they are so straight forward and simple and her blog is full of wonderful colour I love it. You'll find lots of lucy love out there in the crochet land. I love your square blanket it looks beautiful great place for it too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squares look great - well done!

    Lucy's blog is great, I think she has a knack of doing tutorials probably as she has been crocheting a relatively short time.

    How exciting you have the start of a new blanket! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy will be your favorite. She is quirky and cool and has awesome patterns. Ravelry has a We Love Lucy group too, check it out. Good luck with your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granny square blanket is beautiful. Attic 24 is a brilliant blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket looks amazing! and I'm glad to hear you found Attic 24 - Lucy is one of my favourites too, Judy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!