Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ONE A DAY PROJECT - TUESDAY'S TALLIES

I started making Hexagon's for a blanket. Don't know how many I'll need or the size, just making hexagons and putting them together. I've measured the width and it's the right size. Don't know that either. I just laid down on the couch and put the hexagon's over me to see if it was wide enough. I know, not the most scientific way of doing it, but it works for me. Anyway, I've gotten the first 2 rows of hexagon's done. Want to see??

Isn't it pretty! I think so anyway. Want to see it close up??

I was cleaning out a closet and found some granny squares left over from a project I worked on a couple years ago. I didn't need them for anything so decided to rip them apart and recycle the yarn into my hexagon blanket. Now I have a box full of little balls of yarn. I still have a few granny squares to take apart.

I've been putting the balls in a bucket under my computer desk. I thought the balls of yarn would be safe there. Why safe and from what? The twins, Bella and Luke of course. They are into everything. Well, the little balls of yarn weren't safe, Bella and Luke found them. And I caught them red handed. So now the little balls of yarn are in a box up high so Bella and Luke can't get to them. They seem to think they are balls and throw them.

Well, that's it for now. I'm off to make some more hexagon's and watch t.v. 

8 comments:

  1. You are making great progress already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexagons are lovely! I completely understand your method of measurement. I have often been known to use it myself. :-)

    Shame to pull apart the granny squares, but of course if you can re-use the wool, I guess a better option than not using them. Gorgeous twins! I often forget to hide my projects here as my kids are all grown, but my niece and a couple of my friends younger kids often like to "help" with my knitting. Ouch. I don't mind them helping with my crochet but knitting is a bit harder to fix. Wool balls on the other hard really are so much fun to play with!

    Have a beautiful week lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hexagons are looking lovely. That's a nice find. Its great to recycle yarn into something that will be used. I'd say you have your hands full with the twins, isn't it brilliant to have such life and excitement in the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexagons are looking great- I love the dark and light colours toghter. Like my house nothing is safe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hexagons, can´t wait to see your finished blanket!
    My little one loves to play with my yarn too. He often manages to wrap the yarn around him so often, that I have a hard time to get him out there.
    Have a great week! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hexagons, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your grandchildren are cute and so funny! Great that they're curious.
    Your hexagons are awesome. The color combinations are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww how cute, my kiddies love yarn too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!