Friday, September 11, 2015

FRIDAY BOOK MEMES.....

Gillion over at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings.  Freda over at Freda's Voice hosts The Friday 56 and Billy B. hosts Book Blogger Hop.  Head over to there places to check it out.  You might find your next book to read.

The book I'm sharing today is.....
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

MY Book Beginning...

I AM A COWARD.
I wanted to be heroic and I pretended I was.  I have always been good at pretending.  I spent the first twelve years of my life playing at the Battle of Stirling Bridge with my five big brothers - and even though I am a girl, they let me be William Wallace, who is supposed to be one of our ancestors, because I did the most rousing battle speeches.

That little part of the book got me hooded.  I wanted to know why she thought she was a COWARD.

MY FRIDAY 56....

"Was it you talked down my lads training in the Wellington bomber this morning?"
Maddie gulped.  She had thrown radio protocol to the wind to guide those boys in, bullying them through a ten-minute gap in the low-laying cloud, praying they would follow her instructions without question, and that she wasn't directing them straight into the explosive-rigged steel cables that tethered the barrage balloons meant to deter enemy aircraft.

That is not the work of a COWARD.

BOOK BLOGGER HOP....
Question this week...
What is most rewarding about being a book blogger?

I get to met lots of new people, sharing the books I read and finding lots of new authors to check out.


 









7 comments:

  1. I love the blogger interaction. That is the best because book bloggers are the best. :)

    Great to see you on the hop this week.

    Thanks for coming by my blog earlier.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been on my TBR stack forever. I really want to read it but haven't had a chance. I am spotlighting Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. The book peeps are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a good book. I love the flowers in your header. Most people look at them as weeds. I've always loved them. Used to think if you dropped something in them, they'd close up. That's when I was little. I still slow down to gaze at them when I see them on the side of the road.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/11/the-friday-56-77-stillwater-a-jack-mcbride-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I became an Elizabeth Wein fan after reading this book. I actually like the sequel even better. She is quite the writer.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious to know more.
    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meeting new people is an awesome reward to book blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!