Friday, October 16, 2015

FRIDAY BOOK MEMES......

Book Beginnings is hosted by Gillon over at Rose City Reader, The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda over at Freda's Voice and Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict.  Hop over and check them out, you might your next book.

Plum Spooky - Janet Evanovich



















MY BOOK BEGINNING
Sometimes you get up in the morning and you know it's going to be one of those days.  No toothpaste left in the tube, no toilet paper on the cardboard roll, hot water cuts out halfway through your shower, and someone's left a monkey on your doorstep.

I have admit I'm a Stephanie Plum addict.  Lover her little catastrophes in her life.  Well, the monkey got me hooked.  Why did someone leave Stephanie a monkey?  What is she to do with it?


MY FRIDAY 56
   "What?" one of them said to me.
   "I'm looking for Gordo Bollo."
   "Oh damn, what'd he do now?"
   "He forgot his court date.  I represent his bail bondsman, and I need to get him rescheduled."
    "I guess it could be worse," she said.
   "Oh boy," Lula said to me.  "This guy's in deep doo-doo when he got worse visitors than us."


BOOK BLOGGER HOP QUESTION
  Your having a costume party with the theme "Book Characters." Who would you go as?

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz.  Read the whole series and loved it.  I often think of myself as and Odd Thomas.
   

6 comments:

  1. One of these days I'm going to read all the Stephanie Plum books! This one has a great beginning, and the 56 excerpt is funny.
    My Friday post features The Beach Walkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back into these. I see them everywhere and hesitate because I don't remember where I left off. LOL I'm curious about the monkey!

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/16/the-friday-56-82-my-life-as-a-white-trash-zombie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I haven't started the Stephanie Plum books yet but I've heard good things about them and I liked the movie based on the first one so I really need to give them a try. Good choice.
    Here's My Book Beginning & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween, Odd Thomas. :)

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fun! I haven't read any Stephanie Plum in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!