Friday, October 23, 2015

FRIDAY BOOK MEMES.....

Gillion over at Rose City Reader is the host for Book Beginnings, Freda over at Freda's Voice is the host for The Friday 56 and Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict is the host for Book Blogger Hop.  Head over and check them out, you may find your next book.

Tuesdays at the Castle - Jessica Day George

















BOOK BEGINNING








Whenever Castle Glower became bored, it would grow a new room or two.  It usually happened on Tuesdays, when King Glower was hearing petitions, so it was the duty of the guards at the front gates to tell petitioners the only two rules the Castle seemed to follow.

This is a Junior Fiction book.  It's aimed at children 8 - 12.  I've found that these books are very well written and can hold my attention.  I've found some pretty good books in this section at my library.  This first paragraph grabbed me right away.  A Castle growing rooms?  What could that possibly be about and how does it work?  So I have to keep reading to find out.

The Friday 56








That was not a good word.  In fact, Vhervhish was a very warlike language, and the Vhervhish people had a number of different words for violent acts.  According to the book, this particular word meant to kill in secret, for "an assassination."

BOOK BLOGGER HOP








 Name one book you've read in the past that still haunts you today.

What the Night Knows by Dean KoontzThis was a scary book, I couldn't read this after dark.  Only during the day time.  It was a really good book!  If you like scary and suspenseful you'll like this book.  
Synopsis:
In the late summer of a long-ago year, Alton Turner Blackwood brutally murdered four families. His savage spree ended only when he himself was killed by the last survivor of the last family, a fourteen-year-old boy.
Half a continent away and two decades later, someone is murdering families again, re-creating in detail Blackwood’s crimes. Homicide detective John Calvino is certain that his own family—his wife and three children—will be targets, just as his parents and sisters were victims on that distant night when he was fourteen and killed their slayer.
As a detective, John is a man of reason who deals in cold facts. But an extraordinary experience convinces him that sometimes death is not a one-way journey, that sometimes the dead return.

10 comments:

  1. Fun book about a castle that grows! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “TRUTH BE TOLD”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Tuesdays... when I read it. The whole series is fun. I am spotlighting Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a cute read! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds adorable! A castle that grows rooms and made up languages? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an adorable read.

    I didn't see your link on the Book Blogger Hop.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    I don't know your scary book. Nice to see you joined in the hop.

    I don't read scary.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  6. That castle sounds like a fascinating place! I'm sure it's a book children would adore.
    My Friday post features The Paragraph Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tuesdays at the Castle sounds like a good book - thanks for sharing it. I don't think I've ever read anything by Dean Koontz...lol

    Here's my Book Beginnings & 56

    ReplyDelete
  8. A castle that grows rooms. Reminds of something darker, Rose Red by Stephen King.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/23/the-friday-56-83-guarded-a-silverton-chronicles-novel/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 56 is fascinating! Sounds like a great MG read!! Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!