Friday, December 4, 2015

BOOKISH FRIDAY......

Gillion over at Rose City Reader is the host for Book Beginnings, Freda over at Freda's Voice is the host for The Friday 56, and Billy B. over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict is the host for Book Blogger Hop.  Head over check them out, you could find your next book.

Baker's Blues - Judith Ryan Hendricks

















Book Beginning....

     Of all the ways he could have died, drowning was the least likely.  He swam almost daily, headed for Matador when the surf was up, learned the Eskimo roll at the age of forty, sailed every chance he got.  He couldn't possibly drown.
     As we found out later, he didn't.  Officially, he died of cardiac arrest.  It was cold water that stopped his heart.

This is the 3rd book in this series.  The beginning totally shocked me.  The person they are talking about that died, well I won't say anymore as it will give away the story.  Needless to say I didn't see that coming.

The Friday 56....

     "Brownie! Hi, sweet girl.  How are you?"  She bends down for a big wet one.
     "She's fine.  And I am too, thanks for asking."
     "I see sombody hasn't had their coffee yet.  Leave that alone; you're going to hurt your shoulder."  She unzips her windbreaker and hangs it on a hook.
     "I'm not a cripple."  I pull out another tray, ignoring the pinch in my left shoulder.

Book Blogger Hop Question.....

 Which character in a book do you most likely see yourself? If none, who would you think would be your bff in real life? 

I'm at lot like the Grinch from How The Grinch Stole Christmas.  Grumpy at the beginning of the month, who wouldn't be, with all those people shopping, lines to stand in and the traffic.  But by the time Christmas rolls around I'm like Santa handing out gifts.

10 comments:

  1. Okay, now I want to know more! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always shocking when a character is killed off unexpectedly. It sure does engage you to read on.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/04/the-friday-56-87-shadows/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Grinch comparison! I think I'm the reverse Grinch. I'm happy right now but by the end of the month I'll be over tired, over stressed, and just done with the whole holiday thing. I read and enjoyed Baker's Blue but it was my first in the series. I did wonder what everyone who had read it in order must think of that beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent character choice! I've always related rather strongly to Ron Weasley, so I take all of those complaints about him not being good enough for Hermione quite personally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny that you and Billy chose the same character. :)

    Have a great weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one I have not heard of but sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like he died doing what he loved though...
    Sounds like a good, emotional read too. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm liking what I read ^_^ Might pick up a copy of this one!

    Our BB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very intriguing - I may need to check out this series. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings), Music Monday, and TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!