Friday, February 5, 2016

BOOKISH FRIDAY.......

Gillon hosts Book Beginnings, Freda hosts The Friday 56 and Billy hosts Book Blogger Hop.  Head over and check them out.  You could find your next book.

The Risk of Darkness - Susan Hill


















My Book Beginning

The wall at the far end was covered in whiteboards and pinboards.  Names.  Dates.  Places.  Then came:
Witnesses (which was blank).
Suspects. (Blank.)
Forensics. (Blank.)
In each case.

I've just started this book, but so far it has my attention.  Can you guess what kind of book it is?

The Friday 56

Page 56....
Max Jameson had been widowed five years before meeting Lizzie.  His first wife had died of breast cancer.  There had been no children.

This is one of the characters in this story.  There are about 3 or 4 families in the story line.  I'm waiting to see how these people fit into the story line.  I haven't figured it out yet.  Keep reading or stop reading?

Book Blogger Hop Question....
 Does your significant other share your reading passion? 

No, my hubby doesn't read.  He would much rather be outside, watching the world go around.  


10 comments:

  1. Definitely crime fiction. I enjoy this kind of book..thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the beginning and I've been wanting to read something by Susan Hill. I saw The Woman in Black in play form and it was terrifying! I'm curious to see what I'd think of a full book by her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking it must be mystery. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Book Beginnings at Rose City Reader!

    This beginning kind of took me to a "Elementary" place, you know the tv show with Holmes & Watson in modern day US. He likes to put stuff up on the wall while working on a case too!

    Here's my Bookish Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine too on watching the world go round. :)

    Happy Reading, and Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  6. About the book beginning....it's obviously a crime novel. Hmmm. Intriguing!

    The quote for the Friday 56 also sounds intriguing. I think you should keep reading!

    Yeah, my hubby doesn't read, either. He's also an outdoorsy type, when he's not doing techy things! Lol.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own BBH post!! Have a GREAT weekend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing beginning but a sad 56. Sounds like it will take you through all the emotions.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess while your husband is outside, you can have more time read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a mystery! I hope you enjoy the book. :-)

    It seems to be rare, at least among those participating in the meme, that a significant other likes to read. It's different for me. My husband enjoys reading quite a bit--although, admittedly, not as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read, seen the play, and watched the movie of The Woman in Black and all three were great! Need to read more by this author!
    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!