Friday, February 26, 2016

BOOKISH FRIDAY......

Gillion over at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings, Freda over at Freda's Voice hosts The Friday 56, and Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict hosts Book Blogger Hop.  Jump over and check them out, you could find your next book.

 The Other Side of Silence - Bill Pronzini

















Synopsis
On his third day in the Valley, Rick Fallon comes upon a deserted Toyota Camry, and soon thereafter, the almost-dead body of Casey Dunbar.  Having rescued her, Fallon soon learns what had driven her to give up on life…and, his own life on hold, he resolves to unravel the twisted and dangerous strands of hers, a quest that leads him to the glitter-dome of Las Vegas.

Book Beginning....
When Geena finally left him and filed for divorce, Fallon put the Encino house up for sale and took his last two weeks of vacation from Unidyne.  Then he loaded the Jeep Liberty and drove straight to Death Valley.

I haven't gotten started good on this book, but the synopsis sounds really intriguing.

The Friday 56.....
On the second floor, a velvet-roped aisleway led to a wide set of closed doors.  A neon sign above the door bore the standard '30s tilted cocktail glass and the words INTIME ROOM in blue letters.

Sounds mysterious to me.  What do you think?  Keep reading or not?

Book Blogger Hop
Do your children, siblings, or other family members enjoy reading as much as you do? 
 My sister reads now and then, that's about all.  I'm the only one that is obsessed with reading.  lol

15 comments:

  1. Oh man! What an interesting synopsis! I wonder what Fallon will discover about this woman. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good.

    I would like this.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds alright, and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that opening a lot, and the 56 excerpt made me curious about the InTime Room. Sounds like a good plot.
    My Friday post features WATERCOLORS IN THE RAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about the only one who is an avid reader even though my sisters and my son read.

    ENJOY your reading weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the beginning and the premise of the book sounds really good. I hope you really enjoy it once you get started on it:)
    Thanks for visiting my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an interesting read! I don't have many family memebers who like to read either. Makes book blogging a neccessity, doesn't it? No way to gush over books with anyone unless you gush with other bloggers! Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good one and I like how much back story is in the beginning!

    Thanks for sharing your post on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silence sounds like an interesting book! The opening and teaser you shared have me curious to know more.

    Obsessed is a good word to describe my love for reading too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not really calling to me, but I hope you love it!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! What happens next????

    Here's mine: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2016/02/friday56-bookbeginnings-zero-k.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really interesting! And, I really like the cover design. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!