Tuesday, March 7, 2017

IT'S BEEN AWHILE.....

since I posted anything but books.  So I thought I'd get back into the swing of things.  I'm joining Heather over at Books and Quilts for Needlework Tuesday.  Want to join in?  Just click on the link and you'll be there.  What is Needlework Tuesday? 

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs.

I've been working on my Redwork blocks.  There are 8 blocks.  When done I'll be making a quilt out of them.  I've also got 8 more blocks I'm going to do in blue.
This is blocks 5, 6, 7, & 8.   As you can see block 7 is almost done. 

I've also finished my At The Beach Afghan. 
I've also embroidered a little chicken.  Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but I have some ideas rattling around in my head.  I'll update when I get it figured out.
Don't forget to hop over to Heather's place to check out Needlework Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work, Sherrie! Your redwork is lovely. Terrific curvy flower baskets! The At the Beach afghan is so bright and cheery! Love the colours. And of course, your chicken is so cute!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrie, lovely projects on the go. I love your beach afghan...so summery. I too enjoy vintage embroidery so I was very interested to see your baskets...pretty sure I worked these sometime in my past. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are lovely Sherrie. Are you still working on learning more embroidery stitches? I need more discipline so I can get started on them. My head is a buzz with plans for adding embroidery to my quilts.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ps. I'\ll have to check back on some of your book reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!