Food For Thought

The Ramblings and Rumblings of my Life......

Pages

▼

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Lost Week......

To-Do Tuesday May 19 - 26







 Last weeks list of To-Do's didn't go so well...

1. Tie the Scrappy Quilt✔
2. Start the binding of  Scrappy Quilt
3. Put the ABC quilt together and in the hoop

I didn't accomplish much last week...I was feeling pretty poorly.  We have been having on again off again rain this past week which resulted in a Flood Watch for us.  So everything is wet, wet, and wetter.  The weather affects my health....I have COPD...
(Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a chronic inflammatory lung disease that causes obstructed airflow from the lungs. Symptoms include breathing difficulty, cough, mucus (sputum) production and wheezing.)
So when the humidity is up I have trouble breathing.  The rainy weather also affects my Degenerative Joint Disease, which causes me to hurt when I move. 
Degenerative Joint Disease, which is also referred to as osteoarthritis (OA), is a common “wear and tear” disease that occurs when the cartilage that serves as a cushion in the joints deteriorates. This condition can affect any joint but is most common in knees, hands, hips, and spine. So not a good week for moving.  And on top of all this....I was putting dishes away and dropped a Cast Iron Skillet on my foot...there was lots of cursing going on, it HURT!!!  Now I have a colorful looking foot.
 




Sorry for all the rambling about my week.  I did get the Scrappy Quilt  tied.  


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I also dug out the ABC Quilt....it is next in the hoop, but have to sandwich it.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To-Do for week of May 19th to May 26th.
 
1. Cut binding for Scrappy Quilt
2. Sandwich the ABC Quilt
3. Finish my book...Green Lake
4. Learn a new embroidery stitch
5. Work on Frog hanging (which may turn into a quilt)
 
 
The stitch this week for TAST is Oyster stitch.   You can read all about it over at Sharon's place...Pintangle.
Here is my Oyster Stitch...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 It's the red line going down a seam on a Crazy Quilt block.
 
As for reading....I did get a little further on the book I'm reading...Green Lake by S. K. Epperson.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Teaser Tuesday 
 

 
 
 
 
The urge to hit him was overpowering, but Eris settled for slamming Lyman against the car again.
"Don't even think about selling that line...You're the one holding all the cash, not her."
Eris kicked the driver's door, making a huge dent in the side.  "Sue me."  
 
NOTE:  click on the pictures to make them bigger, for better viewing.
 
Hope everyone has a great.....
Sherrie at 1:00:00 PM

4 comments:

  1. Yvonne @ Fiction Books ReviewsMay 19, 2020 at 5:40 PM

    Hi Sherrie,

    Ouch! that foot looks really painful and that's coming from someone who is equally as accident prone! I have arthritis in my toe joints, but it is always my feet which take the brunt of any mishaps!

    I checked out your featured book at Goodreads and it does sound like a full on action story, with never a dull moment. Definitely one I might consider reading myself, so thanks for sharing.

    Your quilting posts are amazing and I can only look on with complete envy. I can knit and crochet and I am not too bad at very simple embroidery, however give me a sewing needle or machine and you are looking at a complete idiot! When I was at school, MANY years ago now, we girls all had to take domestic science classes, which included basic sewing techniques. If I say that I was the only girl in the class who failed to complete her project to make a simple apron, then perhaps my skill shortage is obvious! My sister-in-law is a seamstress and even she has given up on trying to teach me anything!

    Take care of yourself and that foot and I hope this week is more productive for you :)

    Yvonne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  2. Sandra WalkerMay 19, 2020 at 9:46 PM

    Yay for completing the Scrappy Quilt! It is so pretty. The ABC one is pretty too, and ouch on your foot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  3. KateMay 20, 2020 at 7:37 AM

    Congrats on finishing off the Scrappy Quilt. Love those lady bugs! Hope you have drier weather for a few days so you can feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
  4. Home Sewn By UsMay 20, 2020 at 11:16 AM

    Hi Sherrie! OMG - a cast iron pan on your foot. That brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it! Good luck with your list but more importantly, take care of you. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
      Reply
Add comment
Load more...

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

‹
›
Home
View web version

About Me

My photo
Sherrie
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.