Monday, October 6, 2008

MONKEY BREAD



This is a recipe for Monkey Bread. A gal I worked with at school gave me the recipe. She has since moved on to another job, but when I make this I think of her. Her name is Pam.

Monkey Bread

1 stick of margarine
¾ C. Brown Sugar
¼ C. Maple Syrup
¾ C. Pecans (chopped)
2 cans of biscuits (10 ct.)

Melt butter – add brown sugar, syrup and pecans. Cook until well blended. Butter (or spray) a bunt pan. Pour ¼ C. of mixture in bottom of pan. Place biscuits in bottom of pan. Place biscuits over lapping (standing up) around ring. Pour remainder of syrup mixture over top of biscuits. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Flip onto serving dish.

3 comments:

  1. i wonder why it's called monkey bread... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With ingredients like brown sugar, maple syrup and pecans, it's got to be good. My co-worker who also happened to be my downstairs neighbor and became my best friend used to make Monkey Bread all the time. It's nice how certain foods make us think of people who left an imprint on our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - lots of recipes here - will be trying out this one as soon As I get the ingredients ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!