Monday, December 17, 2012
Bella and Luke playing around with the laundry baskets.
One of the twin's toys, a dino, he looks like he's coming out from under the rag hanging there.
The Zebra Afghan I had been working is done. Yea!!
Bella and Luke both in the car. They had been trying all summer to get in there together.
Bella and Luke playing in the sand pile.
Can we help daddy????
Some pretty shadows of the trees.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Luke piling the books up around him.
Bella goes off on her own and sulks.
The blue ball in my garden, love this ball.
Bella and Luke playing in the sand. It was a little chilly so they had to get dressed.
Luke helping himself to the potato salad.
A cute little bird I crocheted for my bird cage on the deck.
Bella takes a break from walking around in mommy's shoes.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Keep in mind these pictures were taken about a month ago during our Indian Summer. Temps were in the 70's, it was gorgeous out.
This lone weed, actually it's a Trumpet vine, is hanging by a tread.
Miss Bella running as usual. She loves to run!
Evening shadows and yes that's my feet pushing the swing.
Bella and Luke goofing off on the couch cushions.
Luke loves to color and write, well scribble really, but he does know how to make a circle now.
Bella having a tantrum, she goes off by herself and sulks.
The east side of our house.
Monday, November 12, 2012
I've been a bad blogger....Haven't posted any pictures since Week 35. So I'm way behind. I've got the pictures just haven't posted them. I'm bad!! So keep in mind these were taken a couple months ago.
Luke sharing his blankie with the dog.
Bella and Luke playing on the deck, each doing their own thing.
An umbrella of leaves over us while we sit in the swing.
The morning light shining on a quiet play area.
Building a fire for a cook-out.
Luke playing peek-a-book with me.
Saturday, October 27, 2012
This is #19 on my 101 list, Read 25 new authors.
"Anteater-Boy" by Dean Ammerman
The school year is coming to an end and high school freshman Zak Dale wants a summer job to earn some money. His fish-eyed science teacher, Dr. Cyrus B. Fletcher, has a job opening but wants Zak to clean the science classroom, improve his grades, and deliver an award-winning speech to get it. As Zak tries to prove he's the best person for the summer job, he helps his best friend Miles search for the holy grail of junk food, falls in love with the beautiful and mysterious Mia Holmes, locates his missing grandmother, neglects his bladder-challenged dachshund, and takes a journey through the American Revolution with Darius Brown, his substitute history teacher. Anteater-Boy is a funny, uplifting, fast-paced coming-of-age novel about friendship and about having the courage to decide who you are and who you want to be.
- Paperback: 268 pages
- Publisher: Kabloona (November 12, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0984682201
- ISBN-13: 978-0984682201
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 5.2 x 0.6 inches
MY THOUGHTS: This is a light and humorous book all about being a freshman in high school. Zak and his friends have some quirky things happen to them during the school year. The stories included in this book are a tasty marshmallow, sculpted brain in a jar and of course a cute girl. Although I like them all, my favorite has to be the story of ice cubes in the milk. A really good and fast book to read.
MY RATING: 5
[This is a review book and my own opinion.]
Thursday, October 25, 2012
What does Classic mean? Went looking for an answer and got this. This didn't actually help me out.
My version of Classic means something that is old and been around for years. That goes in and out of style. And what could be more classic than an "Envelope" purse. I found this one at a local Flea Market. It fits my needs wonderfully. Small and tucks under my arm. This also meets 2 of my 101 in 1001 list.
- of the first or highest quality, class, or rank:a classic piece of work.
- serving as a standard, model, or guide:a classic method of teaching.
- Ref: classical (defs. 1, 2). 1 2
- of or adhering to an established set of artistic or scientific standards or methods:a classic example of cubism.
- basic; fundamental:the classic rules of conduct.
- of enduring interest, quality, or style:a classic design.
- of literary or historical renown:the classic haunts of famous writers.
- traditional or typical:a classic comedy routine.
- definitive:a classic text on biology.
- of or pertaining to automobiles distinguished by excellent styling, engineering, and workmanship, esp. those built 1925–1948.
- (n.)an author or a literary work of the first rank, esp. one of
- an author or literary work of ancient Greece or Rome.
- classics, the literature and languages of ancient Greece and Rome .
- an artist or artistic production considered a standard.
- a work honored as definitive in its field.
- something noteworthy of its kind and worth remembering:
- an article, as of clothing, unchanging in style.
- a typical or traditional event, esp. one that is considered to be highly prestigious or the most important of its kind.
- Archaic. a classicist.
#50 - invest in a classic handbag.
#9 - Buy something at a Flea Market.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Finished this great book called "Land of Decoration" by Grace McCleen.
Luke sharing his "blankie" with Bubber, our miniature dachshund.
Bella in the latest fashion, socks and shoes and a diaper. All ready to go outside now Mommy.
Bella and Luke playing on the deck.
An "umbrella" over our head while sitting in the swing.
Bella and Luke's school.....where they learn about the mysteries of life.
It's a cook out.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Tommy, Heather, Bella and Luke coloring.
Fruit or candy, the twins take the fruit, they aren't much for candy.
Storm clouds gathering.
Hubby enjoying the evening sitting outside.
Luke playing on the deck.
I thought this was a great shadow. This is also #83 on my 101 list of Alphabet Pictures, Vertical.
My hubby's favorite donuts, chocolate.
Luke throwing sand. Love the movement of the sand flying out behind him.