Thursday, May 27, 2010

APPLESAUCE SPICE MUFFINS

A few weeks ago I was in a second hand store looking around. I ran across this cute little book. I have also been wanting some Blueberry Muffins. The only recipe I had for Blueberry Muffins wasn't a muffin, but more like a biscuit. So I picked this little book up.



Well, it has Blueberry Muffins and so much more. I decided to go with the Apple Spice Muffins. And were they ever good!!

APPLESAUCE SPICE MUFFINS
Makes 12 Muffins

1 3/4 C. Flour
2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
2 Eggs
1/2 C. + 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Vegetable Oil
1/2 C. Milk
1 C. diced peeled Apple
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 C. Applesauce
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon mixed with 3 tablespoons Sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or line muffin tins with paper cups. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cloves in medium bowl. In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, milk, apple, lemon juice, and applesauce. Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients and stir just until flour disappears. Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar mixture and bake 25 to 30 minutes until tester comes out clean. (I use a toothpick inserted into muffins to see if they are done.)

Here they are fresh out of the oven. As you can see I got a few more than 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!