Wednesday, May 20, 2015

NEW AFGHAN......

Since I finished my Ugly Afghan, I decided to start another one.  I was sitting in my living room and trying to decide what colors to use for this one.  I happened to be looking at one of my carry all bags I use.  I use it for lots of stuff, but mostly for toting books around.  It's really a insulated bag for putting cold stuff in.  Anyway, the colors of the bag is my inspiration for this Afghan.

The colors I'm using are Red Heart Super Saver yarn.  The colors are.......

1. White
2. Bright Yellow
3. Light Raspberry
4.Pumpkin
5. Turqoise



The small bands have 2 rows of color and the bigger bands of color have 5 rows of color.  I'm following the pattern of the bag starting at the bottom and working my way up to the top.  When I get to the top color, I'll reverse the order and work backwards.  The colors remind me of the beach, so that's what this Afghan is going to be called....At The Beach Afghan.  I am linking this post up to Heather's Needlework Tuesday.  Hop over and check out Heather's "stuff".  I'm also linking up with Trish over at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity for Inspiration Monday.  Head over and check out all the inspiration!



And yes I know it's Wednesday.  I was at the hospital ER yesterday with hubby.  He hasn't been feeling
 himself the last few days.  He has been running a low grade fever and having some pain in his lower tummy.  So his home health nurse suggested we call his doctor.  The doctor said we needed to go to the ER.  So that's where we spent our day.  After all the tests they run, they found he had another abscess in his lower tummy.  They sent him back to Indianapolis to Community North Hospital.  So my son and I will be making the trip down to Indianapolis today to see him and find out what's going on.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope your husband is feeling better soon--glad you were able to catch the abscess before it worsened.

    I LOVE the colors of the afghan and really like how you found in the inspiration in a bag you already have. I don't know how to knit or crochet...but one day I'd love to learn!

    Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your hubby has had a set back. We will send our prayers his way for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that hubby is doing better.

    Inspiration can be found any where, way to go.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful afghan and nice color selection; bright and work well together. Hope your hubby recovered quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!