Tuesday, August 27, 2019

PERSONAL CHALLENGE.........

I've given my self  a personal challenge....to make a crazy quilt out of scraps from my scrap box...
It doesn't look like much, but there are lots of scraps in there.  When needed I'll pull from my stash of fabric. 
********************************************************************************
 
I've started a new Crazy Quilt.  The block is 8 1/2" X 8 1/2".  The background fabric is unbleached muslim. I'm using my scraps to work on these blocks...but also some of my uncut fabric.  This is the first block I've finished....
The center is a motif I got at Hobby Lobby, it's used for a wedding dress.  It's laying on a piece of antique lace I picked up at a garage sale.  I've uses ribbon and rick rack on the seams...
The ribbon has Fly Stitch holding it down.  The rick rack has Cable Chain stitch holding it down.  All of the threads I used are DMC Embroidery Floss.  I use 3 strands of floss.
The gold is some ribbon I picked up at a garage sale, It has Cable Chain stitch done with green embroidery floss.  In the upper left corner is a button on a piece of lace.  With green embroidery floss used for the running stitch going around the square.

NOTE:  If you want to see close ups of the pictures....just click on them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!