Monday, October 27, 2014

VINTAGE BINGO READING CHALLENGE.....


The Blue Train - Agatha Christie










Description - Back Cover
 When the luxurious Blue Train arrives at Nice, a guard attempts to wake serene Ruth Kettering from her slumbers. But she will never wake again—for a heavy blow has killed her, disfiguring her features almost beyond recognition. What is more, her precious rubies are missing.
The prime suspect is Ruth’s estranged husband, Derek. Yet Hercule Poirot is not convinced, so he stages an eerie reenactment of the journey, complete with the murderer on board. . . .
  
Paperback: 320 page  
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks 
Language: English 
ISBN-10: 0062073974 
ISBN-13: 978-0062073976

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed reading this book.  I was so into this book I lost track of time while reading it.  I couldn't figure out how the killer got into the room.  But of course Poirot figures it out for you.   Ruth is unhappily married to British aristocrat Derek Kettering.  Derek Kettering is a character about who I couldn't figure out if he killed his wife until the very last chapter.  But enough, or I'll be telling who the killer is.  You'll have to read the book to find out who killed Ruth.




I've been reading my Agatha Christie books for the Vintage Bingo Reading Challenge.  I was doing the Silver Bingo Card, but had to change due to the fact most of my books are written before 1960.  And......ta dah....I have a Bingo
My Bingo is the top row across.  My list of books are...

Book with a Color in the Title...Elephants Do Remember - Agatha Christie
Book published under more than one title...Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
Spooky Title....Crooked House - Agatha Christie
Author you've read.....Curtain - Agatha Christie
Detective Team...By The Pricking of my Thumbs - Agatha Christie
Animal in the Title.....Elephants Do Remember - Agatha Christie

If you want more info on this reading challenge, head over to Bev's place, My Reader's Block.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!