Wednesday, November 24, 2010

THANKSGIVING

Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving? Got your menu made out? Have all your supplies bought? Ready to cook?

I have all my supplies. I'm going to start cooking this evening. I'll be doing my pies and turkey tonight. As well as Potato Salad and Deviled Eggs. My sister and her family will be coming in tonight or early tomorrow. And I want to visit not be cooking all day. So will get the majority of the cooking done tonight.

I thought I would share my recipe for Pumpkin Pie. It's really yummy! I usually make 4 of them and believe me they don't last long.

PUMPKIN PIE




4 Eggs
1 – 29 oz. can Pumpkin
1 ½ C. Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
½ teaspoon Cloves
2 – 13 oz. cans Evaporated Milk
4 – 9 inch Pie Shells

In a large bowl, mix all the above ingredients. Pour into unbaked pie shells. Sprinkle tops with Cinnamon. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake another 45 minutes.

When knife is inserted in center and comes out clean, remove pies and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!