Saturday, January 10, 2015

QUILTS......

I have been pretty busy working on a few quilts.  The cold weather we've been having has kept me inside, so I've used that time to put the borders on all the quilt tops I've gotten done.
This is the Strip Quilt I finished.  I was a little concerned about what color to put on for the border.  I've already posted about that, you can see that post here.  My daughter in-law suggested pink so went with it.  You will see a few feet in these pictures.  I also took the pictures with my new camera.  So much better pictures.
This is the Christmas Quilt Top all done with it's border.
This is the Thanksgiving Quilt Top with it's border.  Not too sure I like this border or not.  It seems a little busy for me, but it's the only brown fabric.
This is the Halloween Quilt Top with it's border.
They are all different sizes, but they are considered to be a lap quilt.  Now all I need is a trip to Jo Ann's to get some backing fabric and some batting.  Which will take a little while, as I don't have the money right now. 
I'm linking this post to Needlework Tuesday over at Heather's place, Books and Quilts.  Head over and check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these! My favorite is the top quilt! You do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sherrie, you sure have been busy. I love the reindeer in the Christmas quilt. They are adorable. I also find it difficult to chose border fabrics. Usually my instinct is right but it doesn't look right until its all sewn and I've stepped back to look at it..

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!