Sunday, April 1, 2018

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE.........

I've been distracted lately........haven't gotten much reading, needlework, or quilting done.  Not sure what the problem is, but hoping I find a happy medium between them all.  I think one problem is I'm trying to do all 3.  Instead of sticking to one item, I'm bouncing between all 3, which leads to nothing getting done.  I think I need a schedule of some kind, but not quite sure how to set it up.  I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later.  Until then confusion is going on here.

I only read 6 books for the month of March.  Which is really a low count for me. 

Rules of Prey - John Sandford
"X" - Sue Grafton
A Skillet Full - Lodge
The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead
The Great Alone - Kristin Hannah
The Woman in the Window - A. J. Finn

 I also had 2 new to me authors this month.  Really enjoyed both books.  And both of them are my choice for Best book(s) for March.

 The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead









 The Woman in the Window - A. J. Finn


 






As for Quilting and Embroidery, well the Quilting has been sitting all alone.  I've still got the Easter Quilt in the hoop waiting to be tied.  Plus 2 others awaiting their turn in the hoop.  I'll have to try and get them tied this month.
As for embroidery, it's all over the place, not one single project, but 3 or 4.  At the moment I'm working on flowers.  This is one of the flowers I've finished.
My other project is a year long one.  I'm doing buttons and stitches.  I'm using my mom's buttons, I got her button box after she passed and have been using those.  I'm also doing TAST over at Pintangle.  So I'm adding those stitches.  But I'm way behind on adding to this project.
So you can see my confusion.....lots of "stuff" to wok on, but not done.  If anyone has a system or a hint of what could work with all this confusion, let me know.  I would really appreciate any and all suggestions.

I'm linking up with......
Slow Sunday Stitching
Sunday Post
Month in Review

Whatever your working on......I hope you all have a.....

10 comments:

  1. I love your button project with your mom's buttons! What a fun idea, and it will make a special keepsake for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six books is still good, some of them are quite lengthy and thoughtful reading so they take a little longer. Hope you get time to fit in the embroidery and the quilting and find a way to have all three in your life as variety is great in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you've added "Mom" and 2018 to your buttons and stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the Woman in the Window a lot too. And I've been seeing The Underground Railroad pop up too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain. I am all over the place with projects. I have nearly given up reading except for my Bible Study. That’s a lot of books you have read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have several beautiful projects here! :) Just work on what you feel like doing from time to time : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get my hands on The Woman in the Window. I have read really good things about it. Glad you are enjoying it. Happy reading this week!

    Mary my #SundayRoundup #12!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you are using your mom's buttons for one project! I always have 3 or 4 hand projects on the go. Some are never really done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't really stick to one hobby either. It's very frustrating.

    All of your stitches are beautiful! *^-^* An adorable Easter quilt, a beautiful flower, and such a lovely button keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your slump passes, you have beautiful work!! I still want to read Sue Grafton's series, and also John Sandford, I will one of these days!!I hope you had a good Easter.
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/04/march-wrap-up-post.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!