Thursday, April 19, 2018

I HAVE A TA-DA......

I have a ta-da today.  I started a Giant Granny Square Afghan a couple of years ago.  I was using all my left over yarn, you know the ones, the little balls of yarn that accumulate after working on a project.  There's not enough to do anything with.......so my Granny Square kept growing.  This is what it looked like the last time I worked on it.

This is the finished Afghan......
I've also neglected to post my TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) stitches.  You can see all the stitches at Sharon's place Pintangle.  Sharon has a Stitch Dictionary full of stitches.  With definitions and illustrations of how to do the stitch.  Just click on the link and you will go straight to the Stitch Dictionary. 

Week 12 - Sheaf Stitch

You often see Sheaf Stitch used as a light, filling stitch with single stitches spaced evenly over an area, but it is often underestimated, as it is far more interesting than just an area filler. 









Week 13 - Buttonhole Wheel Stitch

These are often used to form small floral sprays making them useful stitches for crazy quilting and surface embroidery, but you can also use them in a contemporary manner too. 









Week 14 - Arrowhead Stitch

It is very versatile and you can use it for stylish projects on the one hand, and children’s stitching projects on the other.











Week 15 - Rice Stitch

 
 Rice stitch is also known as Crossed Corners and William and Mary stitch. This is thought of as a canvas stitch. 












I've also got my TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitch A Long).  Do you keep all those snips of treads and yarn?  If so, you should join Sharon for the TUSAL.  She posts every New Moon. 
April TUSAL....

Year to Date TUSAL
I'll be linking up with.......

Heather at Books and Quilts
Sharon at Pintangle 
Sharon at Daffycat




4 comments:

  1. I love your pet jar. It is a sign of progress after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your TAST pieces. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The granny square looks great. After seeing that you had started one, I had to make one for my daughter. I couldn't get too big as my tension is off and the edges were getting really wobbly. yours looks nice and flat.

    Thanks for linking up with Stitch'n Time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!