Monday, September 15, 2008

PUMPKIN BREAD


Ok, lets start this off with # 1, Pumpkin Bread. This is my mom's recipe. She always made her pumpkin bread in 2 lb. coffee cans. I don' t know why, but there you have it. I make mine in bread pans. It tastes the same to me, but it doesn't seem to be a moist as her's, so maybe the coffee cans are the trick. I don't know, anyway here is the recipe:

Pumpkin Bread
Mom’s Recipe

3 ½ C. flour
3 C. sugar
2 teas. Baking soda
½ teas. Salt
1 teas. Cinnamon
1 teas. Nutmeg
2 C. pumpkin
4 eggs
1 C. oil
2/3 C. water
1 C. walnuts
1 C. raisins

Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Mix well. Pour into well greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to compare this recipe to my friend's mom's recipe. She made hers in coffee cans too. I think it had to do with the Great Depression. Many people lost everything, including their pans. Shape can really affect the final taste and mouth-feel of baked goods too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love quick breads! i have been thinking of doing a pumpkin bread.. i may just do that now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!