Sunday, April 5, 2009

SIMPLY DELICIOUS SUNDAY RECIPES



This is my mom's recipe. I took it right out of her recipe book. My mom wasn't much for separating liquids and dry ingredients. But it didn't seem to affect the taste, it was still good!!!

APPLESAUCE CAKE

2 C. Sugar
1 ½ C. Oil
2 Eggs
2 teas. Vanilla
½ teas. Salt
1 teas. Soda
2 teas. Cinnamon
3 C. Flour
2 C. Walnuts (chopped)
3 C. Apples (sliced)

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mixing well. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 X 11 cake pan. Bake at 350 45 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I'm with your mother. I do wet and dry in one bowl, but I do mix the baking soda into the flour first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had applesauce cakes before and they are really good. I'll have to try this one. I know you have great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds and looks a lot like grams recipe and she just pretty much dumped all the ingredients together, whipped it a few times and voile' yummy cake. Thanks for deserving dessert for Simply Delicious Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love applesauce cake, so moist and yummy! We often put a penuche-like frosting on top. It's a bit rich, but oh so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love recipes that let you dump everything in the bowl and stir it up. They usually are the best tasting of all! I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!