Saturday, August 14, 2010

THE ROUND ROBIN PHOTO CHALLENGE



Since it's been so darn hot and humid here all week, high 90's and the heat index yesterday was 104 degrees with a heat advisory, and practically the whole summer, I thought I'd dig out my WINTER pictures. Maybe that will cool things off.

Last WINTER was a really strange WINTER. We had one extreme after another. First snow was in October and it seemed to snow off and on clear up into April. We had snow, rain, freezing rain, freezing fog and bitter cold. You name it we had it! Our first big winter storm dumped 8 inches of the white stuff on us.

Then there was freezing rain that iced everything up. Then along came the freezing fog.

Look in the lower left hand side of the picture. You can just see the fog there.

The bitter cold was really bad. This is a shot I took coming home from work one night.

Then we would have a warm up and it would rain and melt all the snow.


Then the snow and cold would come back again. It would start as a nice gentle snow.

Then turn into this..................



7 comments:

  1. Hi Sherrie :)

    WOW, that is some extreme weather indeed! It's cold here right now, but I don't think I can complain, at least we didn't have a difficult winter. Who knows whats to come? Excellent photos!

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrie,

    It's nice and refreshing to see some winter pictures at this time of year. I love your freezing fog picture, very atmospheric.

    Have a great weekend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing your winter pictures---maybe they'll cool me off down her in Louisiana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I bet you can get real tired of the freeze and melt happening over and over. This are great shots of the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had the weather for great pictures! I like a little snow now and then, to sit by the fire and enjoy through the window, but all winter? Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love winter shots as we don't experience winter here in the tropic. Only sun and rain and more sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the cool photos. Literally.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!