Monday, August 30, 2010


The weather in my neck of the woods:
We have been enjoying some wonderful weather the past week, fall like, but the hot and mug are back for the next few days at least. We need rain bad.

Things that make me happy:
My grandbabies, Bella and Luke

Book I'm reading:
The Devil's Necklace - Kat Martin

This is book 2 of 3, it's a series.

What's on my TV today:
Holms on Holms - HGTV
Criminal Minds - A & E

On the menu for dinner:
Left overs, Spaghetti

On my To Do List:
1) Load the dishwasher
2) Fold cloths
3) Sweep the kitchen
4) Pick up the living room
5) Clean the toilet bowl and the sink.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes


Ingredients
• 8 chicken thighs
• 6 small red potatoes, quartered
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place chicken and potatoes into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over them, and stir to coat. Scatter the chicken and potato pieces in a large baking dish, or cookie sheet with sides. Sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, uncovered. Baste during the last 15 minutes for extra crispness.


In the craft basket:
Baby Afghan for my Niece

Looking forward to this week:
Getting some scrapbook pages done and finishing my book.

Tips and Tricks:
Don't have any today.

My favorite blog post this week:
Back to School Book Week

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Not a new blog, but I love visiting Jan over at her place, Prytz Family.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:
Take a nap when the babies are asleep.

On my mind:
My family

Want to join in, head over to Sandra's place and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post, your like the 6th or 7th person who is having spaghetti today LOL

    Thank you for the recipe too, it sounds really good and I've bookmarked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!