Thursday, July 28, 2011

VINTAGE RECEIPE THURSDAY


This is a recipe from my mother's cook book. We had these when I was a little girl. Don't know the actual name of them, only know them as Candy Cookies. That's what we called them. They are so yummy!

Candy Cookies

Ingredients

1 stick butter
2 C. sugar
1/2 C. milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 C. uncooked oat meal(not quick oats)
Wax Paper

In a good size pan, melt butter, add sugar, milk, and coca. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Add oatmeal and stir until blended. Remove from heat.

Drop by the spoonful onto wax paper. They will spread out. Let them cool. You can also put them in the fridge to cool. This recipe makes about a dozen cookies.

On a hot summer day they are the best treat coming out of the fridge. I don't have a picture of these. I went looking on the internet but couldn't find one there either.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sherrie! I'm so glad that you are joining me again for Vintage Recipe Thursday. You've been missed.
    I like your mom's recipe. Not only do you say that you loved it when you were a little girl, but it's a stovetop recipe which is so perfect for hot summer days. Plus the fact that you couldn't find this elsewhere on the Internet is great, because Vintage Recipe Thursday was meant exactly to help preserve these wonderful old recipes. Now it can be loved by others too. Thank you for sharing it. I sincerely hope to see you participating again next week. Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!