Sunday, June 14, 2009

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE



This past Friday was my sons 40th birthday. He said he didn't want anything for his birthday, but I got him his favorite candy, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Plus he requested a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. So I got busy and made him one. I got this recipe from my mom years ago. Have made lots and lots of them over the years. There was some trial and error, but I finally have it all down pat now.

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

INGREDIENTS

2 ½ C. Flour
2 ½ teas. Baking Powder
1 teas. Salt
2 sticks of butter/margarine
1 ½ C. White Sugar
2 Eggs
1 C. Milk
1 teas. Vanilla
1 Can of Crushed Pineapple
2 C. Brown Sugar, maybe less, maybe more

In large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, 1 stick of butter/margarine, white sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix all together well. Set aside for now.



PINEAPPLE TOPPING

In sauce pan melt 1 stick of butter/margarine. Pour this into a 9 X 11 cake pan, making sure you cover the bottom of the cake pan well.






Place Brown Sugar over bottom of cake pan, spreading it out and covering the bottom of the cake pan.



Pour Crushed Pineapple with juice in cake pan, covering the bottom of the cake pan. If needed you could use another can of pineapple.



Pour cake batter over pineapple, covering evenly.




Bake at 350 until done.



Run a butter knife around the edges of the cake, this losens the cake from the sides of the cake pan. Dump cake onto a flat platter or plate. DO NOT LET THE CAKE COOL, DUMP OUT WHILE IT’S STILL HOT.



I dump my cake onto one of those sliver trays you use around the hoildays. It works pretty well. I also put some wax paper on the bottom before dumping the cake. Makes for an easier clean up. Just trim the was paper and eat!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this - it was always my dads favorite and most requested cake. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delicious cake and great pictures to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I love the pictures to go along with the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!