Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WIP WEDNESDAY

Tami over at Tami's Amis and Other Creations is the host for WIP Wednesday. What exactly is this? Exactly what the name implies. Work in Progress. Do you have one or two laying around? Hop over and join in.

I was over at Tami's snooping around. Found this project she's working on. It's called A Year of Projects. It's taking place over at Ravelry.

Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, weavers and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration. The content here is all user- driven; we as a community make the site what it is. Ravelry is a great place for you to keep notes about your projects, see what other people are making, find the perfect pattern and connect with people who love to play with yarn from all over the world in our forums.

I joined Ravelry a couple years ago, and I'm sorry to say, I haven't done much with it since then. I get side tracked a lot. Anyway, went and checked out A Year of Projects. Here's a little info.

Last year the owners of my favourite LYS, The Purple Purl, decided to knit through a book. Being the owners of a store, they had lots of books to pick from and an unlimited supply of materials. Their journey has inspired me, and I thought why not give it a go too.
But, let’s be honest, things are always more fun with your friends, so I posted about it on Ravelry. And a little to my surprise, there are other knitters/crocheters who seem to think this is a good idea!

So I've decided to join this project. I have until the end of June 2012 to finish this project. I have a booklet put out my Leisure Arts called A Year of Doilies. I want to do the whole book of doilies. There is one for each month. I also want to finish my green stripe ripple afghan and start a granny square blanket.


I am working on April now. I haven't worked on it for a couple of weeks now. I got frustrated with it and put it aside. I had to rip out 3 rnds because I missed a rnd.


Plus I'm not real fond of the pattern. It has popcorn stitches and I hate doing those stitches. So it is sitting in the drawer for now. I'll pick it back up soon. It's over half way done, so I want to finish it so I can get to the May pattern. Which is beautiful yellow pineapple design. It's in the upper right hand corner of the book.

This is my list of projects.
A Year of Doilies-12 doilies, 3 done
Green Stripe Ripple Afghan(done)
Granny Square Blanket(done)
Hexagon Blanket(done)
Granny Got Color Blanket

7 comments:

  1. I can see why you're excited to work on the next design, but the one you're doing now is very pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to do a year of doilies - I've done a few and love them :) The next one you're planning is gorgeous - I hope it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making doilies!!! I can't wait to see all 12 of them, your April looks great so far! And don't forget, they ALWAYS look their best blocked and starched :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the best of luck with your personal challenge. The doily is looking quite lovely in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you finish your doily. Some projects just beg to be put in time out for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!