Sunday, March 15, 2009

COFFEE CAKE



This is a recipe I got out of one of my mom's old recipe books. You know how way back when you got a little recipe booklet when you bought your small appliance? That's where this recipe came from. It was in my mom's recipe book stuff. When she died I got here recipe book. A few years ago, I took the whole book apart and put it into a scrapbook. There are photos of family get together's, food, recipes and lots of other stuff I didn't want to deteriorate.
But I'm getting off the subject here, as usual, this recipe was in one of those little booklets. I have never tried the recipe myself. But it does sound really good and looks good too!





APPLE STREUSEL COFFE CAKE


2 C. Flour
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Sour Cream (optional)
½ C. Butter
2 Eggs
1 teas. Baking Powder
1 teas. Baking Soda
½ teas. Salt
1 teas. Vanilla
1 C. Apples (peeled and chopped)

Streusel Glaze

1 C. Brown Sugar
1 teas. Cinnamon
2 teas. Butter
½ C. Walnuts
1 C. Powdered Sugar
½ teas. Vanilla
3 – 3 ½ teas. Milk

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, sour cream, butter, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Beat at low speed until moistened. Spread ½ of batter into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan. Layer with 1/3 cup of batter, apples, batter. Bake in center of oven at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes. Cool upright in pan for 15 minutes. Invert on serving plate. Cool completely. Drizzle Glaze over cake.

3 comments:

  1. I love streusels, but I've never made one before. I'll have to give yours a try.

    I think it's very cool that you scrapbooked the recipes along with so many other memory makers. I've never done much scrapbooking, but this idea makes me want to.

    Hmmm... two inspirations in one post. You're tempting me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds and looks fantastic. I love streusels!!! I can't wait to try it. Thank you for another wonderful addition to Simply Delicious Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coffee cake and this one looks absolutely awesome! I am definitely trying this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!