Sunday, March 22, 2009

SIMPLY DELICIOUS SUNDAY RECIPES


Tammy over at 3 Sides of Crazy has a great recipe today. You should go and check it out!!

Mine is for Apple Pie. Who doesn't like Apple Pie!! My hubby likes his apple pie warm and I like mine cold. So he usually gets the first piece!

APPLE PIE



2/3 C. Sugar
3 Tablespoon Flour
¼ teaspoon Ground Allspice
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
3 lbs. of ¼ - ½ inch thick slices of peeled and cored apples
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Combine sugar, flour and spices in large bowl. Use your hands and mix in the apples so they are well coated, then add vanilla extract.

PIE CRUST

1 ½ C. Flour
½ teaspoon Salt
½ C. Shortening
4-5 tablespoons Water

Sift flour and salt. Cut in shortening. Add water till all is moist and forms a ball. Rollout pie dough on well floured surface.

EGG WASH

1 LARGE Egg Yolk
1 tablespoon Cream

Stir yolk and cream in small bowl to blend. Brush over top of pie.

4 comments:

  1. YUMMY - I love APPLE anything, but this pie sounds totally scrumptious! Thanks for adding dessert today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He couldn't wait? lol. You do a nice crust too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and warm weather and apple pie travel together
    thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love apple pie. I love anything with apples. I also saw the other recipe for apple coffee cake. Sounds delicious. I'm becoming a follower of your blog because I like recipes. And you my dear seem to have many. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!