Wednesday, May 14, 2014

NEEDLEWORK TUESDAY.......

Oooops it's Wednesday.  Heather over at Books and Quilts is the host for Needlework Tuesday.  Hop over and check out her place.  What have you been working on??















I've been working on my Crazy Quilt.  Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm doing with this quilt.  I know the basics, The block is done on a foundation and the fabric is at odd angles.  But other than that I'm in the dark.  As for the embroidery work.....that sucks.  I'm not really good at embroider.  I know a few basic stitches.   I've been using lots of ribbon, rick rack, lace and buttons to embellish the blocks
These blocks haven't had any embellishment done to them. 
These blocks have some embellishment.  Haven't got any plan as to how I'm going to lay this out.  Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?  I could really use some help on this one.


2 comments:

  1. hi Sherrie. your blocks are coming along nicely. Fan style blocks are common in crazy quilts. you could use wedge shape strips starting in one corner.

    Some crazy quilts only use one embroidery stitch such as button hole stitch. you could add a s curve line of chain stitch.

    If you are making lots of blocks you could add simple sashing with corner stones. Use alternating plain blocks if you are making a smaller number of blocks.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only done a few blocks of crazy quilt - just as an experiment to see if I liked it. And I really do - I want to make an entire project when I get a few other things finished. I did all the embellishments by machine. My old machine doesn't have nearly as many types of stitches as the newer models, but it still worked well. I also added rickrack, lace, etc.

    Have fun - your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!