Wednesday, June 7, 2017

RUMMAGE SALE FINDS........

I stopped at a rummage sale this past weekend.  They had a lot of kids clothes and twins are fast growing out of their clothes.  So thought I'd a peek at what they had. 
I didn't find any clothes, but I did discover a little box under a table with lots of embroidery items.  A baby quilt that's almost finished.
It just needs a few more stitches around the outside.  I'm hoping the masking tap comes off.  I also found a few quilt blocks already done.  Not sure what I'm going to do with them.
There was table scarf there that someone started.  This picture is kind of blurry.
And a set of pillow cases.  I've started this one already.  I was going to buy some new pillow cases and now I don't have to.  The pattern is kind of faded, so you can't see it very well in the picture, but I can still see it. The pattern is roses.
I'm hoping when I was them the yellow comes out.  I'm linking to Heather over at Books and Quilts for Needlework Tuesday.  Hop over and see what everyone is sharing.  Are you working on something you want to share? 


2 comments:

  1. Great finds. If the yellow doesn't come out, don't worry, it gives them character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find,. wow. one of my neighbours had the same problem with some old quilt blocks that had been embroidered. She soaked them in one of those oxi products. The colour of the threads didn't fade or bleed, but it took the background fabrics back to white. It was amazing the difference.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!