Wednesday, June 7, 2017

STITCH A LONG CHALLENGE.....

Sharon over at Pintangle is hosting a stitch challenge.  Here is the challenge:

Feeling like a stitchers challenge? I have decided to propose a challenge/stitch along to make a 2020 quilt. What is a 2020 Quilt? It is a quilt with 2020 different pieces of fabric in it but when you give it a twist and apply it to crazy quilting it becomes 2020 items. At the turn of the millennium many quilters made Y2K quilts with 2000 pieces in them. They are usually charm quilts. Many quilters got the bug me included as I made the I Dropped the Button Box quilt. I loved making it. So I have decided to revisit the idea 20 years on starting now so I have a good chance of finishing it by the end of 2020!

The rules are simple – make your quilt of blocks that are any shape or size.  The quilt has to be made of 2020 unique items or pieces. The aim is to finish by the end of 2020 to mark the year 2020.

Now down to the nitty gritty …Those unique items can be fabric, lace, braid, ribbons, doilies, hankies, buttons, charms, and beads. When this was discussed on Facebook counting types of seed beads and bugle beads was raised. For instance if you had green seed beads then some purple seed beads on a block that would be 2 ‘items’ ie. 1 for the green and 1 for the purple. I think many people who enjoy beading and want to push their skills in that direction will be happy to know that. In other words what you count as part of your 2020 items and how you count them is up to you. Variety is the name of the game here.

Where to Share : Admins on the two big Facebook groups Crazy Quilt Divas and Crazy Quilt International   are more than happy for people to share there work there. For those who have blogs you can leave your web addy in the comments. Instagram people can use #2020crazyquilt to share progress photos.

I started a Crazy Quilt a couple years ago, but got sidetracked by other things.  Plus I didn't really know too much about Crazy Quilting.  I've learned a lot the last couple years.  So I will be adding to this for my 2020 challenge.  I've gotten lots of info from Sharon over the last couple years.  She has tutorials on embroidery stitches.  She also has info on Crazy Quilting.  As a matter of fact, Sharon has lots of info at her place, go check it out.  You might find your next project.  I'll be adding this challenge to my Tabs at the top of my blog.   This is Crazy Quilt block I made.  It's one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!