Monday, April 30, 2012

Theme-a-licious Amazon April Wrap-Up


Heather over at It's Geek to Me is the host for Theme-a-licious.  Head over and check it out.  And  see what everyone else is working on.

Amazon April
Dip your needle into the vast swath of fabric dedicated to your BIGGEST projects!

For the month of April I have been working on my Granny Got Color blanket.  I got the pattern over at Caron International.  When April started I had 4 rows on my blanket.  I've now got 7 rows of 9 done.  I got a little side tracked the last week.  I've started a new project, it's a Ripple afghan.  I'm making this for my daughter-in-law for Christmas.  So I thought I'd better get started on it.  This is the Granny Got Color blanket.




And this is the Ripple afghan I've started.  Love the colors in this. This was free pattern  over at Crochet Pattern Central.  And Heather picked out the colors herself.  The colors are Gray Heather, Zebra, Light Gray and Aran.  The yarn is from Red Heart.
 The May theme is............
May Memories


Remember when you took that class? Or decided to commemorate that event? And then abandoned your poor WIP? Take a stroll down memory lane by working on it again.

I will be working on a project I started 2 years ago and have abandoned.  It's a book of Doilies I found a long time ago a Micheal's.   It's called A year of Doilies and put out by Leisure Arts.  I was going to do a doily a month, but got side tracked as usual by something else.  That was 2 years ago.  So for the month of May I will be working on this.  Here is the doily I was working on and stopped. 




This is the book I'm using with all the patterns in it.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo I have a bit of a doily obsession at the minute (even though I've never made one!) I look forward to seeing it finished! Great book too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your Granny Got Color is soooo close to done! It looks fabulous. I love the ripple you started, too! I also love that you're picking back up that doily!! I'm excited to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet looks great, I especially like the ripple effect one, it's like bargello which is one of my favourite stitches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!