Tuesday, May 26, 2009

PEACH COBBLER


Lisa is hosting the meme, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Want to find some scrumptious recipes? Go check out all the other folks who have participated. I made this recipe a few weeks ago. It's really yummy, I got it out of Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics book. It is on page 166 under desserts. As we don't have fresh peaches here yet, I used a can of sliced peaches. But you could use fresh peaches. You can also find this recipe at Paula Deen's web site. Just click on her name and you will go right there.



PEACH COBBLER

8 Tablespoons Butter
1 C. Sugar
¾ C. self-rising flour
¾ C. Milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter in deep baking dish and place in oven to melt. Mix sugar and flour; add milk slowly to prevent lumping. Pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. (see syrup below) Still do not stir; batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

FRESH PEACHES AND SYRUP

Peel and pit 2 C. of fresh peaches. Place in a medium size pan and add 1 C. of water and 1 C. of sugar. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir often, making sure all the sugar melts. (This can be substituted for a 28 oz. can of sliced peaches, if desired)

5 comments:

  1. I often channel Paula Deen....could do cardboard and butter if the occasion called for it! This looks much better though!! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach cobbler is one of my favorite desserts. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peach cobbler is one of our favorite comfort foods. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peach cobbler and Paula Dean has great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Peach Cobbler and Paula too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!