Sunday, May 31, 2009

PUMPKIN PIE


I thought I would put my recipe for Pumpkin Pie up today. I must confess the recipe is actually off the can of Libby Pumpkin that I use. I am also not great at making pie crust, actually I suck at it, so I use bought pie crusts. And everyone usually eats the pie and there is never any left, so I guess it works for us.







PUMPKIN PIE

4 Eggs
1 – 29 oz. can Pumpkin
1 ½ C. Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
½ teaspoon Cloves
2 – 13 oz. cans Evaporated Milk
4 – 9 inch Pie Shells

In a large bowl, mix all the above ingredients. Pour into unbaked pie shells. Sprinkle tops with Cinnamon. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake another 45 minutes.

When knife is inserted in center and comes out clean, remove pies and cool.

5 comments:

  1. Pumpkin pie is good any time of year! YUMMY! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin pie. Your pictures are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin pie one of my favorites all year long. I usually have to make 4, though just to have them last 2 days!! Pass the whipped cream, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds a lot like the recipe I have been using for years. It is so good that even people who don't like pumpkin pie love this one! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Hubby doesn't like pumpkin pie but I do. I wonder if I can make this & tell him it's sweet potato heehee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!