Tuesday, September 8, 2015

NEEDLEWORK UPDATE......

I've been working on my Crazy Quilt Block number 3 and I finally got it done.
I've also started on Crazy Quilt Block 4.  It's all sewed down, now I just have to add the embroidery work, lace and beads.
Not sure I'm leaving this lace on here.  It's too big, so I'm going to go for a smaller piece of lace.  I've also learned a new Embroidery Stitch.  It's called Couching.  With couching, a surface thread is laid on the fabric, and anchored using a second thread. Usually the thread is the same color as the bottom thread.  But I've used a different color to show the stitch.
To find out more about this stitch, visit Sharon over at Pintangle. Sharon is an awesome needlework person.  She has lots of examples of embroidery stitches to learn.  I'm also linking up for Take a Stitch Tuesday.  I'm also linking up with Heather over at Books and Quilts for Needlework Tuesday. 
As usual if you want to see a close up of the pictures, just click on the picture.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!