Saturday, January 28, 2012

I am joining Urban Muser for In The Picture a selfie portrait linky party. If you want to read more details, go here.

*This is a self-portrait project, which means all photos must contain some part of you. Show as much or as little of yourself as you want, but give us something, even if it's only your feet.
*It should go without saying, but all photos must be taken by you and only you! Arms length, reflections, tripods, self-timers, remote controls...heck, even prop your camera up on a pile of books. I've tried it all.
*This project is free! I only ask that you share some of your selfies here on my blog on the last Friday of each month when I provide a link-up, and add them to our flickr pool.
*I'll start in January 2012 and run the project over the course of the entire year, but you can take as many or as few self-portraits as you want. You can join at any time, and come and go as you please.
*What's your number? That one is up to you. In 2011 I did 52 selfies in 52 weeks and I think I'll try that again this year. If you're turning 30 this year, maybe that's the number for you. If it's your 10th anniversary, 10 could be your calling. Or perhaps you'll want to aim for once a month. If you've never taken a selfie before and your goal this year is to take just one, I'd love to have you join us here too.

I don't really like being in front of the camera. I like being behind the camera, so doing selfies is a hard one for me. But I'm going to do this, one of my goals this year is to do more selfies. I am going to shoot for 12 selfies, one a month. We'll see what happens. My picture this month......
me and Luke. I was playing around with the camera. Luke was trying to grab the camera and I would pull it back and snap a picture. I was totally surprised when I uploaded them to the computer. I didn't think they would be any good.

5 comments:

  1. i'm with you on the 'selfie'...i'd much prefer to be the one taking the photo :-) i love your first shot...can't wait to see the next 11!

    from the edge of the flock,
    the pink sheep

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool challenge...and you are off to a great start...nothing like sharing the lime light with that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet. you can just see the love you have for him in this shot, even though you can't see your entire face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it will get easier with practice. this is a great start! thanks for linking up at {in the picture}!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard. I'm trying to do one a week. It is amazing how fast the week goes too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!