Thursday, August 3, 2017

STITCHERY "STUFF".......

I've been stitching away on my Crazy Quilt.  I've got blocks 12 and 13 done.  I'm having such a good time working on all these blocks.  Using my stash of "stuff".  I've bought some new to use, but most everything is in my stash. 

Block 12

The Chicken fabric I found at a rummage sale a few years ago.  There was less than a yard of it.  So have been using it as little as possible.  The pretty buttons in the top right corner I got at Dollar Store.  Embroidery stitches I used are Running Stitch, Button Hole Stitche, Straight Stitch, Detached Chain Stitch, and Chain Stitch.  I used beads and ribbon. 


Block 13

The fabric is from my stash.  The embroidery stitches used for this block are.....Detached Chain, Couching, Running Stitch, Straight Stitch, Button Hole Stitch, Chain Stitch and a new to me embroidery stitch, it's in the upper left corner.  The stitch is called Buttonhole Wheel.  I found this stitch over at Sharon's place, Pintangle.  She has a Stitch Dictionary of embroidery stitches you can find, along with the tutorial so you can learn them yourself.  I also added some beads and a piece of lace I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I added a few Silk Flowers as well.
I also finished my Pillowcase I was working on.  I found the pillowcases and lace at a rummage sale,  they are stained a little with age, hoping it comes out when I wash it.  I think it turned out pretty good.
I'm linking up with Heather over at Books and Quilts for Needlework Tuesday.  Hop over and check out what she's working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!