Thursday, September 1, 2011

VINTAGE RECIPE THURSDAY


I've probably posted this before but it's really good and deserves another go round. It's called Wacky Cake and my Great Aunt Evelyn gave me the recipe a long time ago. Way back when I was a new bride and mother to be. So it's been a few years. It's also a favorite around here. Usually I don't put icing on the cake, it's moist enough to stand on it's own.

Wacky Cake


Ingredients

3 C. Flour
2 C. Sugar
2 teas. Baking Soda
1 teas. Salt
6 T. Cocoa
2 C. Water
2 teas. Vanilla
2/3 C. Oil
2 teas. Vinegar

In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well. Pour into a well greased and floured 9 X 11 cake pan. Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. Brings back great memories, doesn't it? That's one of the things I like about vintage recipes. Thank you for sharing another of your family favorites, Sherrie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!