Tuesday, April 19, 2016

OLD AND NEW......

I've started a new quilt, why would I do that when I have so many that need to be put together.  Because I have all these ideas floating around my head that are screaming at me to do them.  I've wanted to make a book shelf quilt for the longest time.  But I don't do piece work, only applique.  I didn't know how to go about doing this in applique so just kept putting it off.  I went looking at all the book shelf quilts out there, they are beautiful.  A perfect example of one is at Quilt Magazine.  Want to see the quilt I'm talking about, just click on the link and it will take you right there.

Anyway, I finally figured out a way of doing my book shelf in applique. 
I've cut different lengths of strips and applique them down.  I'm also going to embroider some authors names on the strips.  So this is going to be a time consuming project or one of those that gets pushed to the back.  We'll see.  I'm also using this quilt for RCS16 Quilt along.  This is going to to be a column quilt and each month is a different color.  What is RCS....Rainbow Scrap Quilt.  The idea is to use your scraps up for this quilt.  The colors for the months.....
January....Blues and Purples
February.....Browns and Pinks
March.....Purples and Yellows
April.....Orange and Black/Browns
So I'm behind a little on this project, but I'll catch up sooner or later.  

I've also been working on my little circles.  I'm behind this month.  I've got to get caught up. April is half over already.  Audrey over at Quilty Folk is hosting this one.

So what have you been working on?  Hop over to Heather's place, Books and Quilts to find out what she's working on.  Heather is the host for Needlework Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Sorting books by colour, what an interesting idea. Maybe libraries should consider that. Good luck on getting it finished. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going on the bookshelf quilt. I like the idea of different colours for each month. I made one for my sister and added some jars of food, a bunny and some other items that mean something to her.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!