Wednesday, April 6, 2016

STORAGE......

We all have problems trying to store our "stuff".  I'm one of those people that is always looking for different ways to store my "stuff".  I like to re-use or re-cycle items.  You would be surprised what you can use for storage.  Like my quilting "stuff".  I keep my current project in an Ice Cream container.  It's big enough to hole all my thread, needles, pin cushion and other numerous items.
The current project I'm working on is my ABC Quilt, so everything I need is right here.
I've taken up embroidery again after years of NOT doing any embroidery.  I've wanted to make a Red Work Quilt for the longest time. I found a pattern for some baskets over at Grandma's Attic.  I've got one basket done and have started on another. 
All my "stuff" was just laying around in a pile.  Well, that wouldn't work, at least for me.  I had to find something to put it in.  I was at the Dollar Store yesterday and found this really pretty box.
All my current embroidery "stuff" fits right inside.

So, as you can see it all fits inside the box.  Most of the time my needle work is done while I'm watching T.V.  So it all has to fit inside something so I can carry it to the front room.  This 2 storage items I use travel well around the house with me.  So how do you store your projects?
I'm linking up with Heather over at Books and Quilts for Needlework Tuesday.  And yes I know it's Wednesday, but I'm doing it anyway.  Hop over and check out Heather's mystery project she's working on. 


1 comment:

  1. I make good use of ziploc baggies, the large size. This is mostly in the planning and gathering supply phase. After that they tend to sit on the table, but that is not working well. i need to organize a knitting basket as well as a book basket for my current read and note books. I also have some of those photo boxes from Michaels. I toss the dividers and fill it up. Even has a slot for a label.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!