Sunday, November 21, 2021

NEW AND OLD PROJECTS.........

 I started a new quilt...😄 My niece, Zoe, asked me to make her a Lap Quilt, to keep her legs warm when she is on the bench waiting to preform. This is Zoe in full dress preforming at one of their shows. What is a Color Guard?  You can read all about it HERE

So I'm making her one...It will be made with flags and some other "stuff" to do with Color Guard.  I got one flag done...so I'll be working on this quilt today.


This is the whole Color Guard.

They recently went to State Finals,  there were 60 bands preforming at the state finals.  Zoe's group was in the B class, they won 4th place.

I also got my RSC2021 Baskets done, it's a filmsy.  If your wondering about the border, the baskets reminded me of a basket my grandmother used to gather eggs.  So I thought some "farm fabric" was appropriate .  All the baskets are made from my scrap bags.

 I'm linking up with....

Slow Sunday Stitching

Oh! Scrap

15 Minutes to Stitch

Patchwork & Quilts

 

That's it for now...hope you all.....


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!
    Love the basket project...the farm fabric is a perfect border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Color Guard quilt will be fun! What a sweet treasure for your niece! The border fabric for your baskets is perfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful of you to make Zoe a lovely quilt to keep her warm during performances. The group all together in their outfits look lovely. I love the thought of the border fabric reminding you of your grandmother gathering her eggs in her basket, each day. 'Tis very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice of you to make quilt with flags for Zoe.
    You found the perfect fabric for the borders of your baskets quilt.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color guard quilt is a great idea. I am sure your neice will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea for the lap quilt for your niece. Congrats on getting basket quilt all put together. Hope this week was just as productive for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!