Tuesday, January 25, 2022

I'VE BEEN TRYING......

 for 3 days to post something, but life keeps getting in the way.  Doctors appointments, guests in the house, and just everyday chores.  So this post may be a little long.  And it's Tuesday, so this will also be my To-Do Tuesday post.

Last weeks list...

1. Tie and bind National Day Quilt👎

2.  Rip out 3 rows of gray yarn on Neon Stripe.

3.  Lay out Polar Bears to see where I'm at.✔

Sorry to say the National Day Quilt is still in the hoop waiting to be tied.  Same excuse as above.  As far as I know, this coming week should be clear of all the hold ups.   

I ripped out the gray yarn on my Neon Stripe Afghan...and to my surprise, I found several boo boo's.   See the lower right corner...it isn't square..that was 1 of several boo boo's I fixed.  Now I can continue with the gray yarn and decide what color to add next. 

I've laid out the Polar Bears,  I like this arrangement much better.  I still need a few more blocks and the stripes between the rows, then an outside border.  Hoping to have this all done by next Thursday, as that's my day to post about the Polar Bear Plunge Blog Hop.  Are you joining in on this?  Head over to Moose Stash Quilting to check out all the info.

And it's TAST, week 4 over at Sharon's place, Pintangle.  Head over and check out all the embroidery stitches she has in her Stitch Dictionary.  This week's stitch is the Stem Stitch.  I'm going to make a quilt of all the TAST stitches this year.  So I've doing a little embroidery along with quilting.  This is my Stem Stitch block.

I've also got my Center square for the SAHRR cut.  The block is 14 x 14 inches.  This week's addition is going to be curves...I'll have to think on this one and see what I can come up with.  The block looks white, but it's a very light brown with butterfly's.

Well, that's it for today.  Hope you all....


9 comments:

  1. Hi Sherrie, forgetting the extra stitches to create the corner in crocheting is very easily done esp. when you are in the groove with the crocheting going along. Anyway, very nice piece...how big is that? Polar bears are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're polar bear quilt is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life can be crazy, that's for sure. Your polar bear is looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That polar bear quilt is looking great! I totally understand how life can get in the way! Have fun and don't stress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Polar Bears will be a wondeful finish once life eases up and gives you some of your creative time back. They are just so sweet, each and every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Polar Bear quilt promises to be very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your polar bears are soo cute! You're getting a lot done :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chronic drug use and fixation is a developing pestilence in our general public.
    BC Bud Online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!