Friday, July 30, 2021

IT'S GUY THING BLOG HOP......

 Today is my turn to post my It's A Guy Thing blog hop.  This is being hosted by Carol over at Just Let Me Quilt...go check it out.  Lots of beautiful quilts to see.

My idea started as a thought.  I had some Bow Tie blocks...they are about 3" in size.  I started putting them together and I didn't like the way they were coming out.  Besides I didn't have enough to make a quilt.  

So back to the drawing board.  I was making some String blocks and I decided to go with that. I've laid them out on the "design floor".  I like this a lot.

Plus I have a pile of them done to add to this one.  Now I just need to start sewing them together.

Well that's it for me...head over and check everyone out that's participating in the blog hop...these folks are all posting today.

Just Le Me Quilt,Quilt Fabrication,Kathy Kwilts,Patchouli Moon Studio

Have a wonderful....


10 comments:

  1. What fun blocks happening there! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fun block designs. They will all make a really pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great starts. Looking forward to seeing where they go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bow tie blocks are so versatile. You can make many patterns. And string blocks are too

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all starts with a block and an idea. Your blocks will make an amazing quilt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those strings! Can't wait to see your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, string blocks always make me think of B. Hunter. :) They are lovely but so are the bow tie blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start! This will be a fun quilt; thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I like the way the bow tie blocks look in that arrangement! You've got lots of blocks to play with at least.. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!