Friday, July 24, 2015

BOOK BEGINNINGS.....

Gillion over at Rose City Reader is the host for Book Beginnings.  I'm also linking up with Friday 56 hosted by Freda over at Freda's Voice.  Hop over and check it out, you may find your next book to read.

My Book Beginning

On a cold December morning in 1946, my mother took me by the hand on the number 48 bus from Hillside, New Jersey, into Penn Station, Newark.

It's All About Life - Harvey E. Lazarus









My Page 56

Back in the business world, Amos and I had put a rather large deposit on a significant piece ofland at the corner of Eastern Avenue and Shurtleff Street in Chelsea.

This is an ARC I got from Kelley & Hall.  So far it's very interesting.  It's all about the life of the author and the people he meets during his journey.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying this one. I don't read nonfiction often. I dug deep on my TBR mountain to find Thornyhold by Mary Stewart for this week's book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading and enjoy the weekend. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of the writing in the excerpts. Enjoy your read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if her mother is sending her somewhere? I don't often read nonfiction, preferring to watch on documentaries and such. I do need to read more:)

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/24/the-friday-56-70-fudging-the-books-by-daryl-wood-gerber/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way the author tells the time frame of the story right away. I'm curious about the significance of the bus ride too. I'd definitely keep reading!
    My Friday post features The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued by the setting and era.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!