Wednesday, July 29, 2015

NEEDLEWORK TUESDAY.....

on Wednesday....Anyway, Heather over at Books and Quilts is the host for Needlework Tuesday.  Hop over and check out her Needlework.
I've started a Crazy Quilt.  I made one last year that was a 6" block.  This time I'm doing a 12" block.  I found this site over at Heather's place, it's called Pintangle.  Sharon does some beautiful embroidery work.  She also hosts Take A Stitch Tuesday.  She gives you a new embroidery stitch to learn or experiment with.  I've been doing the stitches and I'm hooked.  Sharon also has a Crazy Quilt she's working on.  Hop over to Pintangle and check it out.  This is my Crazy Quilt Block...
I have started putting some embroidery stitches on it...
My embroider isn't good but I'm still learning....so hopefully it will get better.  I've also started using some wool embroider thread....the first time I've used it...and I like it lots.  I got this bag full of wool thread on E bay for 12.00.  I've also got some lace and Pearl Thread coming.  I want to pick up some Velvet and Satin fabric too.
Plus I've put the final row on the Wiener Dog Quilt.  Now I just need to put it together.  I'm debating on whether to actually going to Joann Fabrics or ordering it on line.  It's so much easier ordering on line.  I don't have to fight traffic and it doesn't take me 20 to 25 minutes to drive there.  So I have to do some comparison shopping.
What have you been working on?  Leave a link and I'll visit you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!