Friday, October 9, 2015

FRIDAY BOOK MEMES.......

Gillon over at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings, Freda over at Freda's Voice hosts The Friday 56 and Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict hosts Book Blogger hop.  Jump over to their places and check it out.  You could find your next book.

FEMME - Bill Pronzini

















Book Beginning.....
Femme fatale. French for "deadly woman."
She had thick, wavy black hair, a model's willowy figure, and a worried smile that even turned down had a good deal of candle-power.  But what you noticed first, and remembered most vividly, were her luminous gray-green eyes.  They had a powerful magnetic quality; I could feel the pull of them, like being drawn into dark, calm water.

I have to admit the book cover grabbed me right off.  The description of this woman was the second thing to snag me in.  I wanted to know what this woman had the was so fatal.

The Friday 56.......
     "You haven't notified the client yet?"  I asked.
     Runyon said, "No.  I thought I'd give Beckett a few minutes to cal down, then make one more try at reasoning with."
     "Likely to do any good?"
     "I doubt it.  He's pretty strung out."
     "But not on drugs."
     "No."
    
Book Blogger Hop......
The question this week....
What's your favorite "Halloween" snack to munch on while you're reading? ?

Carmel Apples, love those things. 


6 comments:

  1. I love to snack on chocolate covered raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover really is interesting. It looks like an old book. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice description of the femme fatale. I'm wondering what part she plays in the book.
    My Friday post features Seeing You Again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of this book is just like an old 30s novel.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the snippets more than the cover. Sounds good.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been interested in the hard-boiled and film noir. Sounds right up my alley!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!