Saturday, October 31, 2015

2016 READING CHALLENGES.....

Since November is about to start, I've gone looking for new Reading Challenges for 2016.  I've found a couple at A Novel Challenge.  Checked them out and have my books picked out.  They are also in my Reading Challenge Tab at top of my page.

Literary Loners Reading Challenge hosted by Jamie over at Whatever I Think Of.

 Challenge will run from January 1 to December 31, 2016.  Books must be started on or after January 1 to count.  Re-reads will be allowed as long as they are read during the specified time period.
I will not be crating levels.  I will leave it up to you to decide how many books to read.

I'm going for 5 books.  Here is my list.
1. Silas Marner - George Eliot
2. Flowers For Algernon - Daniel Keye
3. The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
4. Oryx and Crake - Margret Atwood
5. With This Ring - Amanda Quick


Retellings Reading Challenge hosted by Jo over at Once Upon a Bookcase.

Challenge will run from January 1 to December 31, 2016. 
You can read retellings of any of the following:
 Classics & Children's Classics
 Fairy Tales
 Myths and Legends
 Folk Tales
 I will also accept prequels/sequels
I'm going for the Medium Level ( 5-8 books)
1. Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine
2. The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
3. Stardust - Neil Gaiman
4. Daughter of the Forrest - Juliet Marillier
5. Book of a Thousand Days - Shannon Hale
6. Wildwood Dancing - Juliet Marillier
7. The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor
8. Fairest - Gail Carson Levine
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being the first to join my challenge. It's the first one I've hosted ever. I like that you have chosen your books already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm doing this again next year if you are interested. My post has been up for two weeks now (I know, I'm ahead of the game!) I'm also doing three other new challenges next year. Here are the links:
    http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2016/10/literary-loners-reading-challenge-2017.html
    http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2016/10/memoir-bingo-reading-challenge-2017.html
    http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2016/10/epistolary-reading-challenge-2017.html
    http://jannghi.blogspot.com/2016/10/humor-reading-challenge-2017.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!