Friday, January 15, 2016

BOOKISH FRIDAY.....

Gillion over at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings, Freda over at Freda's Voice hosts The Friday 56 and Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict hosts Book Blogger Hop.  Jump over and check them out, you could find your next book.

Un Lun Dun - China Mieville

















My Book Beginning
There was no doubt about it: there was a fox behind the climbing frame.  And it was watching.
   "It is, isn't it?"
   The playground was full of children, their gray uniforms flapping as they ran and kicked balls into makeshift goals.  Amid the shouting and the games, a few girls were watching the fox.

I'm interested as to why the fox is watching them. 

The Friday 56
     "That?" Jones pointed at what looked like a shirt, racing madly through the air.  "When washing blows away in London, it it stays in the air long enought, it blows all the way here.  Then it's free.  Never has to come down."

Book Blogger Hop
Do you think you will ever get tired of blogging? 

No way, I love blogging.  It's my online journal about my everyday life.




15 comments:

  1. Hmm about that fox!! This sounds neat, hope you're enjoying it, and I could never get bored with blogging, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not ever heard of that one, but hope you liked it! :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great descriptions! I felt like I was there watching with them.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. I can't imagine life without blogging, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the descriptions. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this book or author but I sincerely hope you enjoy the read. Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blogging so I hope I never give it up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree...book blogging is my fun...I don't want to give it up and hope I never have to.

    Have a great weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting extracts. I do sometimes get tired of blogging - mostly just on days when I find it hard to verbalise a thought and write the perfect book review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always found blogging to be a bit therapeutic. So much of my life revolves around caring providing for my son. This is the one place where something is about me and only me. I know that sounds selfish, but it's the only thing I have for just me.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Kristine @ The Writer's Inkwell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting book. I've been meaning to try this author but haven't yet. My book this week is Unholy Blue by Darby Kaye. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one but I'm intrigued! Blogging is definitely a big social outlet for me. I don't see giving it up anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had such an interesting reaction to the Mieville I've read. I don't always like it, but I do remember it quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who is the target audience for this book? I have seen the cover before but haven't investigated it. I have read a book by this author and it was was very complicated, one which I doubt many kids would read, RailSea. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd be nervous to see a fox watching children. Sounds quite interesting to read about though. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never read anything by this author, but I probably should. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 ( With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!